Monday, March 26, 2007

The Decrees of God - Part One

Last week was a trying week, with the death of a friend's son, and of the Mawxell's granddaughter. I don't know the Maxwell's personally but I have followed their ministry since 1998. Learning of God's attributes has given me peace, and the ability to trust Him during trying times.

This morning I read this in Chapter 2, of A. W. Pink's, The Attributes of God:

"God did not merely decree to make man, place him upon the earth, and then leave him to his own uncontrolled guidance; instead, He fixed all the circumstances in the lot of individuals, and all the particulars which will comprise the history of the human race from its commencement to its close."

Can you imagine what chaos there would be if this world was not controlled by God? It would be even more chaotic than it seems to be right now.

Think about these words "He fixed ALL the circumstances in the lot of individuals." ALL of the circumstances, not just part of them. Two things came to my mind when I read that. First, the deaths of Kent, and Susannah Joy didn't take God by surprise. He Himself, for reasons known only to Him, ordained that these two would be with him at the exact time of their deaths. Though it's a difficult time for the families involved, they know they can trust God because He is good.

There is a second thing that I thought of, and I'm going to think on it more this afternoon, and write my thoughts on that part later this afternoon, nor evening. I haven't quite figured out how to word it.

I would also ask that you would pray for the Nathan and Melanie Maxwell, the parents of Susannah Joy, and also for the Maxwell's, and Melanie's family.