Wednesday, February 14, 2007

An update on the cake story


No, I didn't attempt to try to bake the cake again tonight. I'm saving that for tomorrow when I will try again. I did, however, attempt to make supper.

We were going to have fish filets, so I turned the oven on, and let it get hot. While I was spraying the cookie sheet, my oldest daughter came into the kitchen. She looked into the oven, and said "Mom! The oven's on fire!." I opened the door of the oven, and blew on the flames, and they went out.

The funny side of this is that my husband was taking a shower at the time. I told my daughters that if we had actually had a fire, he would have had to run out of the house naked. That just made my little 8 yr. old daughter just giggle, and giggle.

I do give praise to the Lord for bringing my daughter into the kitchen at the time He did. I had not been paying attention to the oven at all. I praise the Lord for His protection.