Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentine's Day

Since today is Valentine's Day, I had plans to bless my family by baking them a chocolate cake from scratch, which I did. I'm sure it would have tasted good, but unfortunately, we'll never know. Prior to today, I bought a new cake pan, a heart shaped one. I got my mixer out, and my ingredients together, mixed it all up, and then before I put it into the pan, I tasted the spoon. From the taste of the spoon, I just knew it was going to taste really good, and it would have. Except, yes that one little word.......except. Except after I added it to the pan, and put it into the oven, something happened. My daughters and I began to smell something burning right before the timer went off. I looked in the oven, and there was the cake overflowing into the bottom of the oven. And it's still sitting there as I type, since it's too hot to take out. Unfortunately, the pan did not come with instructions on how much of the batter I needed to fill the pan with. And all I was thinking about was the fun we were going to have decorating it. It was very disappointing to have spent three hours on something that didn't come out right. But, after I got over the initial upset, I thought about these verses, and that helped to keep my focus where it should be, on the Lord:

Psa 37:23 The steps of a man are established by the LORD, when he delights in his way;

Psa 37:24 though he fall, he shall not be cast headlong, for the LORD upholds his hand.

To my family,..........Happy Valentine's Day. I love you guys. And, thank you for the cards, and the flowers, the huge stuffed animal, and the cookie. As far as the cake goes, I hope you remember it's the thought that counts, lol.

I wish you all a Happy Valentine's Day.