Thursday, February 1, 2007

Pharoah

This morning it snowed. It wasn't very much, but enough for my children to make a tiny snowman, and a tiny bird.

While it was snowing, I was reading Exodus 7 - 9. The main thing I noticed was that it was God who hardened Pharoah's heart first. I read that same thing yesterday in Exodus 4:21:

Exodus 4:21 The LORD said to Moses, "When you go back to Egypt see that you perform before Pharaoh all (A)the wonders which I have put in your power; but (B)I will harden his heart so that he will not let the people go.

God hardened Pharoah's heart for one reason, for HIS power to be displayed. To me, it shows clearly the sovereignty of God. We may think we are in control of things, but the truth is that we are not. I take great comfort in that, especially today when our van broke down on my husband this morning while he was on his way to work, and it costs more than what we have to fix it.

I take comfort in the fact the Lord protected our family last night when we went to church, and allowed the van to break down with only my husband in it. And, I thank the Lord for His protection.

Psa 68:19 Blessed be the Lord, who daily bears us up; God is our salvation. Selah.

Thank you Lord for daily bearing us up, and for carrying our burdens.