Tuesday, March 13, 2007

The Solitariness of God - Part Two

Our son and daughter in law were here this afternoon, and showed us the first ultrasound of the baby they are expecting in the fall. This is such an exciting time for them, and for us.

In keeping with my focus on the attributes of God, here is another verse about the Solitariness of God, from Nehemiah.

Nehemiah 9:5-6

5 Then the Levites, Jeshua, Kadmiel, Bani, Hashabneiah, Sherebiah, Hodiah, Shebaniah and Pethahiah, said, "Arise, bless the LORD your God forever and ever!
O may Your glorious name be blessed
And exalted above all blessing and praise!

6 "You alone are the LORD
You have made the heavens,
The heaven of heavens with all their host,
The earth and all that is on it,
The seas and all that is in them
You give life to all of them
And the heavenly host bows down before You.

God is the only living, and true God. He is self existent, and independent. He does not need us for anything. It's the other way around, we need Him, we depend on Him for every breath we take.

As much as I would like to continue with this post, I am very tired and will have to finish it tomorrow. I do pray that the little bit I posted will be of some encouragement to you.

I took my daughter outside this afternoon, and we were out there most of the afternoon, and into the evening, and that's why I'm so tired.