Monday, March 19, 2007

The Solitariness of God - Part Five

Going through A. W. Pink's Attributes of God book has been, so far, such a good study. I learn something new every day. Today, I read a paragraph where he quoted the below verse.

1 Timothy 6:16 "who alone has immortality, who dwells in unapproachable light, whom no one has ever seen or can see. To him be honor and eternal dominion. Amen."

In the last two sentences, he had this to say:

"Such an One is to be revered, worshipped, adored. He is solitary in His majesty, unique in His excellency, peerless in His perfections. He sustains all, but is Himself independent of all. He gives to all, but is enriched by none."

Reading that, and meditating on it, causes me to be so grateful to Him for saving me. He didn't save me based on anything I did, He choose me, I did not choose Him, (John 15:16). He did a work in my heart, and made me willing, and though I did repent and believe, apart from His working in my heart, I would never have done those things. And that's just one thing that causes me to be so grateful, and to stand in awe of Him. He doesn't need me, I need Him.

There is so much more I could say, but I've been coming down with a cold, and on top of that, my heart is heavy tonight. Some good friends of ours from church lost their adult son this afternoon. If the Lord brings them to your mind, please pray for this couple.