Monday, March 5, 2007

God Our Father - Part One

I read Ephesians 1:1-2 the other day, and have been thinking about it ever since.

1:1 Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God,

To the saints who are in Ephesus, and are faithful in Christ Jesus:

1:2 Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Specifically, I've been thinking about the phrase "God our Father." I am his adopted daughter because of His grace towards me. That is a humbling thought, especially when not all can call Him Father because not all belong to Him.

Ephesians 1:4-5

4 even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him. In love

5
he predestined us for adoption as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will,

Imagine that! If you are His child, He has adopted you too, and you have the privilege of calling Him Father.

I think I will stop right here, and continue my thoughts on this tomorrow. Meditating on those three words alone, God our Father, are enough to think on for now.